Experienced Lawyers on Your Side
Family law includes all of the legal issues that can arise in family relationships. Our goal at The Pearman Law Firm is to avoid conflict that can damage your finances, as well as your relationships. However, when the other side gives us no choice, we will be strong advocates who will protect your rights and interests in court.
Our attorneys serve families in Wheat Ridge, Lakewood, Arvada and other communities in the Denver metropolitan area. For more information about a family law topic, click on one of the following links:
- Divorce and legal separation: If there is a way to save your marriage, our lawyers will work to help you find it. But if divorce is unavoidable, we will protect your interests throughout the process.
- Child custody and visitation: Child custody and visitation are called allocation of parental responsibilities (APR) in Colorado. Preserving your relationships with your children is a priority of our family law practice.
- Child support: Child support is determined by a formula in Colorado. However, just because a formula is used doesn't mean that it is black and white.
- Modification and enforcement: If you have children, the court will continue to have jurisdiction over child custody, visitation and child support issues after your divorce. Our lawyers can help you obtain modifications when needed.
- Paternity: We represent unmarried mothers and fathers in child support, custody and visitation issues that arise after the breakup of a relationship.
- Adoption: Helping loving parents adopt children is important to us at The Pearman Law Firm.
- Domestic violence and protection orders: Our lawyers obtain protective orders for people who are victims of spousal abuse. We also represent people who are accused of abuse.
- Dependency and neglect: Allegations of abuse and neglect are taken very seriously in Colorado. If social workers show up at your door, it's important to consult a lawyer as soon as possible to protect your parental rights.
If you handled your own family law case or had an attorney who forgot some things, or made some mistakes, our lawyers may be able to help you repair the problems. Call us for a confidential phone consultation.
For More Information About Family Law
To talk to our Lakewood family law attorneys, call 720-259-9528 for a free initial phone consultation.