Here For You. Here For Your Family.
Family law includes all of the legal issues that can affect the interaction of families, from divorce to adoption. These issues are more than just legal matters. They affect the most personal and important aspects of your life. When you visit a family law attorney, you need compassion, but you also need someone who can explain your options in clear, simple language so you can make the decisions best for your family.
Our goal at Pearman Law Firm, P.C., is to provide guidance to you through every step of your family law matter. We are here to restore child visitation with parents, assure fair child support, compute accurate alimony awards and help with other divorce matters in the Denver metro area. As your family law and divorce attorney, we want to protect every aspect of your life and the lives of your kids.
We Know How Difficult Divorce Can Be
If there is a way to save your marriage, our lawyers will work to help you find it. But if divorce is unavoidable, we will protect your interests throughout the process. Two issues tend to be the most contentious parts of any divorce:
- Division of property: Marital property is essential to rebuild your life and your children’s futures. We will help you protect your share of the property. We can also help you determine how child support or spousal support will factor into your divorce.
- Child custody and visitation: Child custody and visitation are called allocation of parental responsibilities (APR) in Colorado. Preserving your relationships with your children is a priority of our family law practice.
If you have children, a Colorado judge will continue to have jurisdiction over child custody, visitation and child support issues after your divorce. Our lawyers can help you obtain modifications as your children and their needs change over time.
Handling Matters Outside Of Divorce
Separation and divorce are not the only legal issues covered by Colorado family laws. Pearman Law Firm, P.C., can help you with other family law matters, such as:
- Paternity issues: The process of determining paternity is just the beginning. Our lawyers represent unmarried mothers and fathers in child support, custody and visitation issues that arise after the breakup of a relationship across the Denver metro area.
- Adoption matters: Helping loving parents adopt children is important to us. Come in and meet with our adoption lawyers about ways to build your family in a safe and secure environment.
- Domestic violence and protection orders: Our family law lawyers obtain protective orders for people who are victims of spousal abuse. We also represent people who are wrongfully accused of abuse. Many innocent men and women are prevented from coming home and being with their children because someone has lied to gain an unfair advantage associated with a divorce or separation in Lakewood.
- Dependency and neglect: Allegations of abuse and neglect are taken very seriously by the police and courts in Colorado. If a social worker shows up at your door, it’s time to consult a lawyer as soon as possible to protect your parental rights.
If you handled your own family law case or had an attorney who forgot things or made mistakes, our lawyers can help you repair the problems. Call us for a confidential phone consultation.