What To Watch For When Divorce Involves Complex, Valuable Assets
Asset division is the core feature of every divorce, and the outcome always has a large impact on the soon-to-be ex-spouses as one household becomes two again. When marital property includes high incomes and a complex, sizeable asset portfolio, a divorce can become complicated.
At Pearman Law Firm, P.C., our divorce lawyers are very experienced at handling high asset divorce cases. If you and your spouse will be dividing a large, diversified marital estate, you need to work with an attorney who is experienced in handling high-asset divorces. At our firm, you will find such attorneys.
From offices in Wheat Ridge, we serve clients in the nearby community, including Lakewood, Arvada and the entire Mile High City area, as well as in other parts of Colorado.
For Your High-Asset Divorce, What Will You Focus On?
Ask our lawyers about efficient, effective ways to do pre-divorce planning, to protect pre-marital (“separate”) assets, and to make an inventory of your marital assets. Your overall financial big picture will emerge from a review of the following:
- Your respective incomes and anticipated needs after the divorce
- The standard of living to which you and your spouse have been accustomed during the marriage
- How the law applies to your specific situation
- Your debt load
- Your gross and net assets, including:
- Your marital home and other real estate, including investment properties
- Your vehicles and any vehicles owned by businesses that you own or in which you hold a financial interest
- Jewelry, guns, precious metals, and other collectibles
- One or more businesses – possibly a professional practice
- 401(k) and IRA accounts and other retirement assets, which may need to be divided with a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO)
- Intellectual property and other intangible property
- How best to value your assets so you are treated fairly and equitably
Our attorneys regularly handle large marital estates and are able to keep your optimal end results clearly in focus. We will consistently and aggressively help you pursue an equitable division of your assets, including high-value ones, including advising you on how to keep an eye on cost of litigation vs. benefit to you in the end.
To Schedule A Consultation, Let Us Hear From You
With decades of legal experience, our attorneys have the knowledge and confidence that you need as you prepare to divide a sizeable marital estate in a Colorado divorce.