Our Firm’s Successes
- Reached a $1 million settlement on business ownership dispute within 30 days of litigation.
- Acquired dismissal of indecent exposure case in Adams County
- On September 29, 2010, an attorney at Pearman Law Firm, P.C., argued a stepparent adoption case before the Colorado Supreme Court. Two points were at issue before the Court: 1) whether the court of appeals erred in holding that a parent may preclude a finding of abandonment by demonstrating a future intent to return to the child, and 2) whether the court of appeals erred in concluding that the district court should have delayed its determination of the adoption proceedings to allow Father’s motion to enforce parental rights to be decided first.
The case was before the Colorado Supreme Court on a petition for writ of certiorari. The court of appeals had previously overturned the original contested stepparent adoption won by Shaun Pearman and Pearman Law Firm, P.C., was seeking to have the adoption upheld before the Colorado Supreme Court.
Almost a year after oral arguments before the Supreme Court, on September 12, 2011, the Colorado Supreme Court ruled in favor of Pearman Law Firm, P.C., on both contested issues. The Supreme court then remanded the case to the district court for further proceedings in accordance with their ruling.
In the area of adoption and more specifically stepparent adoption, there are not many Colorado Supreme Court or appeals court cases. This win by Pearman Law Firm, P.C. ads a landmark ruling to a very small body of law, thus making a very substantial addition to Colorado adoption law.
- Successfully tried and won a motion to allow children from Colorado to move with mother to New York, Boulder County
- Petition for Grandparent custody — grandchild was removed from home of a drug-addicted mother, Arapahoe County, Centennial, Colorado
- Family Law: Petition for Grandparent adoption — granted over objection of absentee parent, Jefferson County, Golden, Colorado
- Criminal Defense: Shoplifting — Deferred judgment and dismissal of charges, Denver County, Denver, Colorado
- Family Law: Modification of Child Support — Modified child support payments in client’s favor, Larimer County, Ft. Collins, Colorado
- Family Law: Protection Order Defense — Protection Order against client dismissed, Adams County, Brighton, Colorado
- Criminal Defense: Child Abuse, Arranged Deferred Judgment for the client, Adams County, Brighton, Colorado Family Law: Parenting time awarded to father of the baby (unmarried couple), Broomfield County, Broomfield, Colorado
- Family Law: Paternity — Established paternity, obtained award of child support, Arapahoe County, Centennial, Colorado
- Criminal Defense: Shoplifting — Diversion and dismissal of charges, Denver County, Denver, Colorado Criminal Defense: Child abuse charges and arrest— Record successfully sealed, Denver County, Denver, Colorado
- Civil Litigation: Secured $3.1 million judgment in PONZI scheme litigation against scammer Lee Todd
- Family Law: Won maintenance and child support (current and arrears) for mother in need, Jefferson County, Golden, Colorado
- Family Law: Won contested stepparent adoption case — absentee father lost parental rights, Jefferson County, Golden, Colorado
- Probate/Conservatorship: Won case requesting that the court remove (fire) its court-appointed conservator who was wasting assets of a disabled person, Arapahoe County, Centennial, Colorado
- Probate: Won disputed will contest — the court found that the last will and testament was a forgery, Arapahoe County, Centennial, Colorado