Phone: 720-259-9528
Toll Free: 888-835-6339

Child Custody Archives

What Colorado parents should know about children during a divorce

A divorce alters the lives of more than the couple involved; it changes their children's lives, too. Even the most amicable breakup can still have an emotional toll on children. For parents divorcing in Colorado, as elsewhere in the country, this can be a hard fact to accept. However, accepting this truth can help both parents and their children ride the emotional roller coaster more easily.

Divorce scenarios for children Colorado parents should avoid

Divorce can be a difficult time for children. Divorcing parents sometimes fail to realize that they risk straining their relationship with their children when they let the stress of divorce get the best of them. However, being aware of the divorce scenarios that hurt children the most can make it possible for Wheat Ridge, Colorado, divorcing couples to minimize the damage and help children cope with a break-up.

Ludacris seeks the sole custody of his 2-month-old daughter

Parents in Colorado know how important it is to discuss child custody issues during divorce or in cases of unwed parents. Generally, child custody focuses on the best interests of the child and not the parents. Family court judges determine which parent best fits as the custodial parent of the children and grants the non-custodial parent visitation rights, allowing a continued parental role with the children.

Children caught in game of custody tug-of-war

Divorced Wheat Ridge, Colorado, residents might agree that divorce can be difficult when children are caught in the middle. Emotions run high as divorcing spouses try to find the best possible custody arrangement for their children. Two sometimes easily confused custody concepts are joint legal custody and joint legal physical custody.

Child custody battle resumes between Palin and Johnston

Many Coloradoans have followed the lives of Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston, the teenage Alaskan couple whose on-again, off-again relationship was tabloid fodder after her mother's unsuccessful run for the U.S. vice presidency.

Do not let divorce squabbles ruin holiday parenting time

The holiday season is one of the highlights of the year for many American families all over the United States, including in Colorado. It is the time of year when families and friends gather, go on winter vacations, exchange gifts and share special meals. However, as joyous as it may seem, planning holiday activities can be complicated for divorced parents.

Things to consider in singer's child custody dispute

Divorce involves a lot of emotions and it may be difficult for many people in Jefferson, Colorado. One of the difficulties that may arise from divorce is settling child support and child custody agreements, which may affect the relationship between the child and the parent. Since parents often have different perspectives when it comes to the best interests of the child, child custody disputes are very possible.

Singer Usher retains child custody of his two sons

A divorce dissolves the marriage between two people. However, nothing can sever a child's relationship with his or her parents. With this in mind, agreements regarding child custody are included in the process of divorce. In Jefferson, Colorado, custody and visitation can be agreed upon by the parents themselves. However, there are times when parents cannot agree on this matter, requiring the family court to intervene.

Marijuana keeps Colorado grandparents from getting child custody

Here in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, the family court grants the custody of the child to people who are capable of providing for the best interests of the child. It is common that relatives, especially grandparents, are concerned about the welfare of their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. That is the story of two Colorado grandparents from El Paso, who are trying to adopt their great-granddaughter.

How to survive shared child custody under one roof after divorce

Here in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, and in many areas of the nation, there is a chance that after parents have decided to divorce, but before theyparents sign child custody and financial agreements, they will share the custody of their children while still . That is, living under the same roof. That can prove to be a challenge because divorce separates a married couple, and both of them may feel awkward about sharing the house that they lived in together whileen they were married. Shared parenting time can be difficult, especially whileafter going through an emotional process such as divorce. However, both parents should remember that their children are with them and they should not have to bear the woes of seeing their divorced parents bickering with each other.

Practice Areas

Pearman Law Firm, P.C.

Pearman Law Firm, P.C.
4195 Wadsworth Boulevard
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033

Toll Free: 888-835-6339
Phone: 720-259-9528
Fax: 303-991-7601
Map & Directions

Free Initial Phone Consultations

CTA phone
Phone: 720-259-9528
Toll Free: 888-835-6339